Friends

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Holo Glitter Comparison







Today's Post is a fun one!  Comparing a whole bunch of holographic chunky glitters!  I didn't label all of the pictures, but on paper, the order will not change - NYX Spotlight, OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, China Glaze Techno, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow.    I used the same order from pinky to thumb as you can see above.  Spotlight and Techno are dupes, I honestly can't tell them apart at all!  There may be a few extra hexagons in the mix, but over all those two are the closest.  Servin' Up Sparkle is actually pretty thick.  I think 2 coats of Spotlight or Techno would be about equal to Servin' Up Sparkle.  Shape Shifter of course has a whole bunch of shapes thrown in, not just hexagons and small round holo pieces.  There are bar, diamond, square, hearts, and probably more!  It's pretty unique in this bunch.  Next is Mercury's Rainbow, which actually is a grey base.  The holo hexagon pieces in MR are a lot shinier I think, they "dance" better in the light.  They tiny holographic shimmer through it is also a tad different and reflects better.  So not sure what you can get, but if you love holographic glitter like I do, you won't mind have a few of these, if not all, in your collection.






NYX Spotlight, OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, China Glaze Techno, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow.






NYX Spotlight, OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, China Glaze Techno, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow.




I realize now that I probably should have done the opposite order below, but I matched it to the paper in how I would paint it!  Oopsie ;-) Sorry guys.
Pinky to Thumb NYX Spotlight, OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, China Glaze Techno, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow.






Pinky to Thumb - NYX Spotlight, OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, China Glaze Techno, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow (blurred to show holo!)






Pinky to Thumb - NYX Spotlight, OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, China Glaze Techno, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and Lynnderella Mercury's Rainbow.







I hope you enjoyed this comparison!  I had a special request for it - sorry it took so long Crystal! :-)  Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Much Love,
Crystal

7 comments:

  1. Those are all sooo very nice <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comparison Crystal; I really like Techno & OPI Servin' Up Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these, I love holo, but then who doesn't love holo? :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome comparison post! I'm kinda sad I turned my nose up at Techno... It looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and all great polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Melissa!!

    You're welcome Saira! I like those two too! And what's great is they layer over anything!!

    Esther, lol, someone would be crazy not to love a holo!! ;-)

    Presh Polish (sorry I don't know your name!) Thank you! Techno is really great! I think some websites still have it for sale ;-)

    Thanks Marisa!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete