Friends

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

OPI Spotted over Jelly Sandwich

 

Hi Everyone!!  Today I have a yummy Jelly Sandwich to share with you!  I layered 1 coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu then 1 coat of Milani Twinkle, finishing with 2 coats of Don't Touch My Tutu and Wicked Fast Top Coat by Cult Nails. This gives the effect that is called a Jelly Sandwich! :-)

Don't Touch My Tutu is a beautiful sheer white jelly that allows the glitter to shine through, but mutes the sparkle.  I love the look it gives, almost milky now over the glitter!

Milani Twinkle is a blue and purple glitter in a clear base.  The lighting makes it look teal in pictures below, but it is really blue.  I can't wait to use this in other layering combinations!  It is a great glitter top coat!
 
 
 
 
 

I then added my new OPI Spotted top coat.  This has been found in France, but hasn't made it's way over here from what I've heard.  I was lucky enough to have a friend that was able to get it for me!  A huge THANK YOU to Red!! ;-)  The thinner of coat you use, the better the effect.  The black sort of bubbles over completely dried nails.  It reminds me of oil and water trying to combine or something.  It really is an interesting effect!  I do hope OPI brings this to the US!  This is 1 coat over top of my Jelly Sandwich with 1 coat of Poshe top coat.
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my Spotted Jelly Sandwich today!  It sure makes me hungry ;-)  I purchase OPI from my local Ulta store for $8.50 (except Spotted as I mentioned is only in France at this time).  I purchase Milani local drugs, such as CVS or Walgreens for $4.99.  I believe Twinkle is a newer glitter, as I've only recently seen it!  

I hope you enjoy the day!!

Much Love,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I really need to get one of those sheer OPI's so I can try a jelly sandwich. It seems like that is what people are using these days and they turn out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Milani look like one of my favorite Jordana Glitters LA City Nights:) but I havent tried it in a Jelly sandwich I will now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed OPI BEGGING them to bring black spotted over here. I received a very quick response....they won't be selling this in the US due to "patent issues". I'm hoping that someone puts one out real quick!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sandwich!
    I wanted to say that a few days ago I received your package with the prizes! They're so wonderful, thank you!!) I can't wait to try out Ringer!)

    ReplyDelete